Today’s post goes out to all the DIY brides out there. I’m only a partial DIY bride, but I did find some fun projects along the way. This idea came from Pinterest, from Mark Montano, the pin is no longer available though. So, I will walk you through what I did. This craft can also be used for non brides for a fun picnic project, or to do with the kiddies.
1. Collect and wash jars of various sizes and make sure all the gunky label mess is off of them.
2. Soak yarn in 1 part water, 2 parts glue. Just swirl it around until its all covered.
3. Carefully wrap the yarn around one jar. You can play with different designs or keep it more organized in parallel lines. Repeat with remaining jars.
4. When yarn has dried, take jars outside to spray paint. You can try mixing colors too.
5. Let the paint dry.
6. Remove yarn and attach ribbon.
7. Enjoy your new accent piece with a votive.
Let me know how this works out for you!