This holiday season, I want to inspire a Bucket List of Giving Back. In light of Friday’s tragic events in Newtown, CT, I think it’s more important than ever to think of ways to help others and support your community.
My Give Back Bucket List:
1. Help out at a soup kitchen on a holiday.
2. Learn to be a grief counselor.
3. Donate blood at least twice a year.
4. Donate more than $10 to a charity. For example:
5. Volunteer time to a disaster relief effort.
6. Help build a home with Habitat for Humanity
7. Volunteer with a local clean up.
8. Volunteer at the Assisted Living facility where I used to work.
9. Hold a bottle drive for a local charity.
10. Do something like this on my 30th bday:
11. Be a Girl Scout Leader or help with a local troop
12. Help out at the food pantry down the road.
13. Help a random charity here:
What will be on your list?