Our new ebook has just hit the digital bookshelves and is available exclusively at Amazon. The publisher is icook2day and they are the sister agency to the company I work for- StockFood. The e-cookbook is called “No Frills Grillin’ “. I decided to try the Grilled Peaches recipe for you here and you are welcome to try it out and send your review.
Grilled Peaches and Ricotta topped with Honey Almond Sauce
6 ounces flaked almonds
6 tablespoons honey, divided
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
4 ripe peaches, rinsed and wiped dry
1 fresh lemon
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Prepare grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium-high heat.
2. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone. Oil the grill grate and place the peach halves on the barbecue, cut side down. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, until peaches are soft. Watch carefully.
3. Toast the almond flakes in a dry frying pan.
Then place in a small bowl and combine with 4 tablespoons honey and almond extract, gently mix. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, rinse the lemon and rub dry; grate the zest. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from the lemon. Combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Spoon half of the ricotta into 4 serving bowls. Brush each peach half with the remaining honey, place one peach half cut side up on top of the ricotta cheese, top with the remaining peach half, followed by a generous spoonful of the remaining ricotta cheese. Spoon the honey almond sauce over the top. Serve warm.
*Note* I used our grill pan inside because our outdoor grill is not set up yet. I would say you would only need about 5-7 minutes on the grill with this method.