I gave myself until the end of January to complete my 30 acts of kindness from when I turned 30 last January. I’ve completed my list, but the kindness lives on. I’ve signed up to do a few regular volunteer gigs, such as working at my local food pantry and helping out with Garbage to Garden‘s volunteer needs.
The remaining 10 acts are below:
21. Donated jars of applesauce to Wayside Food Bank via Whole Foods Market during the holidays.
24. My mother-in-law Cissie donated money toward layaway items at Renys in my name.
25. Gave my parking space to a man that parked in front of me near a hydrant and gave him my parking slip with an hour’s worth of money left on it.
26. Donated money towards a local child’s kidney transplant.
27. Donated containers of coffee to Preble Street via a Yelp event at Flatbread.
28. Wrote a thank you note to the person that was the reason for me moving to Maine for my internship and finding my husband and the life I now have.
29. Volunteered at my local food pantry.
30. Donated bags of clothes to a family that recently lost their home to a fire.
That wraps up my 30 Random acts of kindness for the 31st year of my life. This has been such a fun, easy, and rewarding experience. It takes so little effort to help others and a little really goes a long way. I will continue to embrace these ideas in 2014 and in the rest of my life.